Less known facts about George Reddy- Unsung Hero
George Reddy was a research student in physics at Osmania University and founder of PDSU ( Progressive democratic student union) a study body in campus whose main objective is to fight against the social, economical and cast based inequalities on innocent students in campus.
The following are few lesser known and interesting facts about this unsung Leader:
1. George Reddy was born in Kerala on 15th January 1947 to Lila and Raghunath Reddy. Coming from diversified family background made George Reddy prioritize humanity in first place in top of caste and religious barriers.
2) Due to his father profession with regular transfers, George Reddy studied in several places like Kerala, Madras, Bangalore, Warangal and finally landed to Hyderabad. George Reddy is merit student since childhood and used to clarify quieires on different topics spontaneously to his fellow mates
3. George Reddy is also into Martial arts and is a professional Boxer and Blade Fighter. In the film, George Reddy is seen Riding Royal En field but in reality he don't know how to ride a two wheeler.
4. Due to some issue with the management, George Reddy was suspended for an year. Being a voracious reader during this tenure he read lot of books related to socialism and communism which rose those feelings in him. He there after used Marxist Ideas to motivate students to fight against inequalities.
5. According to a student friend, he was inspired by "The emerging Black Panthers movement in the US" and this brought his close to ideologies of Cuban hero Che Guevara
6. Mani Ratnam was quite impressed and inspired with George Reddy characterization and took his reference for suriya character in movie Yuva.
7. Tamma Reddy Bharadwaj is a dear friend to George Reddy and is closely associated with him during the campus days. Even the day George Reddy was Murdered, he has a long conversation with him and dropped him at library and only after got to know he is no more.
8. From post Mortem reports there are four deep knife cuts in George's body. One on back of kidney, on straight into his heart, one in right buttock and one in stomach